Saturday, May 18, 2013

My other baby




I have had my cat, Franklin, for almost 11 years now. He was our 1st baby. He used to sleep with us (now he sleeps with our child) and loves our attention. In the past few years I must admit I have not been as fond of him. Our lives have had so much changes. Not just having a child, but both mine and my husband's work schedules are crazy. I have so much other stuff to do that the LAST thing I want to do is clean out a litter box, etc. A couple of months ago Franklin started some weird behaviors. I assumed he was just acting out because he is getting old. Finally decided I should take him to the vet and get him checked out. I felt like such a bad mommy when he was diagnosed with feline diabetes. So, now I am having to get up at 3:45am and make sure he eats. Then give him his insulin shot. Same thing at 4pm. What my point is, is that it took something like this to make me remember how precious my Franklin is to me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: