Friday, January 21, 2011

He's not a baby anymore...

Well, it happened. My little baby became a climbing monkey boy. I should have seen it coming yesterday since Vincent was climbing all over the playroom at my mom's house. But I thought, no... He wouldn't... He is very content to go night-night in his crib. It actually started like this when we got home yesterday.
I asked Vincent if he wanted to take a bath. When I went in the bathroom after stepping to his room for a second, this is what I found.



Then he proceeded to scale up a box sitting beside his crib, get in there (just to get his paci), then hiked his leg back over. That's when I stopped him! I was standing there watching the whole time in awe. Yes, I could have stopped him before he really got started. But I figured I would see exactly what he was able to do so I would know and figure out what to do from there. Luckily, we have one of those cool cribs that goes to a toddler bed just by taking the front off. In less than five minutes, we had him a "big boy bed". And I have to say, he did really good. Never got up out of bed. Only cried for a minute when I closed the door. And doing good tonight also. I am guessing this is probably the "honeymoon" period and I am going to be eating these words in a few days. So, I will savor these two nights at least and we will see what happens! These are some pictures I took of him before he went to bed tonight.




OH HOW I LOVE THIS KID!

No comments: