Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Woman in Prayer

Ephesians 4:29 - Do not let any unwholesomeness talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Whew! God is scolding me! I have been struggling with this for quite a while now. Feeling like God is trying to change my heart about it. My philosophy on this is that if the statement is true, then it is not gossiping... it is just simply truth. And sometimes you just gotta let it out so it doesn't eat you up! So, then I might vent and convince myself it is okay to do that. After I think about the conversation that I had (might have started/but definitely egged on...), I feel completely guilty. That is not the devil. That would be God saying to me "HELLO! What are you doing???". Maybe not in those exact words. :0) So, my prayer is this:
Dear Lord,
Please help me to keep my mouth closed unless I can speak good to others. And help me to not participate in the tearing down of other people, even if true. It will not do any good or change the person by talking about them. And it only makes others involved angrier. Help me to lift up those I get frustrated with in prayer. Only you can change people's hearts. Also, help me to remember that I too have flaws. Thank You for your patience and forgiveness.
Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amen!

thanks for sharing. its humbling for me to be reminded of what God wants us to talk about and what he doesnt. true or not ... if its not uplifting, its not good.

and you, are always in my prayers!