Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mid-Life Crisis

Not really. In the movies, the men that have mid-life crisis issues either have an affair or buy a really expensive, sporty car that does not usually fit their life style. I am just going through the desire to change myself for the better. To become a woman that people want to be around all the time because I radiate happiness and God's love. To become a woman that can hold my tongue instead of letting my mouth run away with harsh words or gossip. I desire to be a better wife and housekeeper. I feel that I am a pretty good mommy but there is always room for improvement at everything. I want to be the person that is positive about life no matter how things are going for me at the time. I would LOVE to be that woman people see smiling all the time - you know what I am talking about: that woman that can smile even though she is standing in a really long line with a cart full of groceries at Wal-mart! (That is a really tall order, but God can do anything!). I want to be a person that brings joy to others. The song Legacy by Nichole Nordeman keeps popping in my head:
"I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy..."
Great song and great message. So, I am praying that God can lead me to find ways to make these changes in me. I am constantly a work in progress. :0)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sister, you are amazing and still after all these years my big sister and role model. He will bless you with this joy if you pray for it.